- By conducting research, you can upgrade your ships and weapons to be more effective.
- There are several catagorys of research, some easier than others to complete.
- Development research is focused on new ships/devices and weapons.
- Enhancement's boost the base stats of your ships/planet buildings and weapons.
- Special research (Such as Alien technology) require rare materals from alien raids.
- In order to conduct more powerful research, the cosments and research needed increase.
- It is important to note that picking one branch of research does not lock you out from the others.
- However generally it is best to focus on one or two types which match your playstyle.
Types of researchEdit
- Enhancement research can drastically improve your nations attributes
- By conducting the research, you can boost your fleets durability/evasion, weapons damage/accuracy.
- Enhancements in these fields are very powerful, increasing your ship/weapons dur/damage by 2% a level.
- Ship evasion and weapon accuracy get boosted by +1 per level.
- You can also boost your planetary buildings base effectiveness by 2% per level.
- Each enhancement can be leveled up to 60 times, making it a very powerful tool for your nations growth.
[Weapon development research]
- You can develop 4 kinds of weapons by completing the research.
- Beam weapons have balanced stats and range, making them easy to use and effective.
- Missle weapons have the highest accuracy in the game and good range.
- Fighter weapons have the highest attack and rate of fire, but very low range.
- Cannon weapons have the highest range, but very low rate of fire and moderate damage/accuracy.
- The higher your research from your planets, the higher rank of each weapon you can research.
- Beams are the cheapest to research, followed by missles, then fighters, then cannons.
- Each weapon has its own strengths and weaknesses, using them in synergy with your fleet is key to success.
[Fleet development research]
- You can develop 4 kinds of ships and multiple ship devices in this catagory
- The ships are destoryers, cruisers, battleships and motherships.
- Destoryers are your starting ship, they carry great evasion and moderate firepower, but are very fragile.
- Cruisers are medium sized ships, they have balanced durability/resist and evade but lack damage.
- Battleships are large sized ships, they have the highest attack in the game, but weakest defenses.
- Motherships are giant sized ships, they have extremely good durability and attack, but terrible evasion.
- There are 3 main types of ship devices: Engines, armour, and special devices.
- In each catagory of device, there are multiple branches to pick and research which effect different attributes.
- For engines, you can pick a general evasion boost, or one more speclised to two types of evasion.
- For armours, again, you can pick between armours which boost certain resist values.
- For ship devices, you can pick between evasion, durability, resistance, weapon damage and accuracy
- There are even more special devices from alien raids and hyper lab research to unlock as you progress!
[Formation development research]
- You can develop 9 kinds of special formations.
- Each formation boosts certain stats on your fleet, while some also have drawbacks.
- Each formation also changes how your fleet goes into battle and which ships get targeted first.
- Generally, you want to put the heros which have more defensive power on the 'front line' slots.
- Damage dealing heros are best suited in the backlines, so they are protected from most damage.
- ALL ships in the formation will recieve the same boosts, regardless of location!
[Alien technology research]
- This research can be conducted with special cubes which are obtained form Alien Raids, available from level 30.
- Alien technologies include powerful weapon systems and special devices.
- While each alien weapon and device is very powerful, they all have clear weaknesses at the same time.
- This research requires alot of cosments even for low level weapons and requires dark-matter aswell
- Dark matter can be obtained from any alien raid you take part in, even doing 1 damage will grant a small amount.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.